Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hawaiian Hula

So, it's been a little while since I've updated my blog (what's new). Thought I'd fill you in on the more exciting parts of the past couple of months. We're doing exceptionally well - I'm now 28 weeks along with my pregnancy and no major complications except for the fact that I have a two-vessle umbilical cord instead of a three-vessle. Since everything else from the ultrasound looks great, there is no need to worry I was told.

Steve has had a very busy Holiday season with late night concerts nearly every night. He is traveling quite a bit more due to his YouTube hit with Jon Schmidt. At the end of this month he will be performing in the Phillippines, and last month he flew to Hawaii, and.....I went with him. Who could pass up an opportunity like that?


Yes, it was fabulous! Eight full days without the kiddies. I sure missed them, but I feel a renewed energy as a mother now. Anyway, below are some highlights from the trip. Steve performed at BYU-Hawaii with Jon, and then we spent the next five days on the Big Island.

Whale Watching - saw nearly 50 whales within a two hour period. It was awe-inspiring!

A week of pure relaxation

Our view from the Hapuna Beach Resort where we stayed on the Big Island

7 months prego overlooking the sunset

One of the best parts of the vacation - kayaking to Captain Cook's monument where we had the best snorkeling of our lives!

Visiting the Kona Hawaii Temple. This is actually a very small temple in the middle of a busy Hawaiian town in Kona, but absolutely gorgeous!

Check out the Halema'uma'u Crater. How often to you get to see an active volcano?

Akaka Falls on the Big Island

Performing at BYU-Hawaii with Jon Schmidt - what a fantastic crowd! There's nothing like the fun loving Hawaiian people.



8 comments:

  1. lucky girl! Love Hawaii!

    You look so cute preggo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That a cute family you have! Just found your blog. I have such good memories with you guys! Did you find out what #3 is or are you keeping it a surprise? Even though it's been a while I still love you guys. Hopefully we'll see you sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all....i didn't know you were pregnant! how in the world did i miss that! crazy crazy! soooo very exciting:) and second...i JUST got home from hawaii 2 days ago, and i wish i was still there!! isn't it beautiful! you deserved to have a great vacation like that!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I can even tell you how excited I am when I see an update about your little family. I'm glad that things are going so well, even if it might feel a little crazy at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you had a great time in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi julie! That is awesome you two got to go to Hawaii w/out the kiddos! As much as we love them, I'm sure that was really special. My parents lived a few miles from Hapuna beach (my favorite!) for a few months in '08. We got to go see them, and so we have a lot of the same pictures as you! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! I could actually feel myself relax just looking at them. What a fun opportunity to travel together! So excited for you guys to add another little one to your sweet family. I love reading your posts and hearing about everything that's going on with you. By the way, it should be illegal to look that good at 7 months prego. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you. . .definitely not looking 7 months pregnant AND in Hawaii again! You are the luckiest girl I know.
    I better hear when this little baby comes. Hope you are feelin good still. You look AMAZING (as usual).

    ReplyDelete